> Partner, Financial Services Sector
Partner, Financial Services Sector
The Partner opening is an opportunity to join a growing world-class boutique strategy consulting firm targeting the markets of West and Central Asia.
The main objective of this position will be to lead and establish a Financial Services Consulting practice to cover the region. As a partner, you build upon your existing skills and exceptional track record in Financial Services sector, strategic problem solving, engagement delivery, intellectual capital development, team leadership/mentorship, client relationship management to ultimately be accretive to the firm.
- Reporting Directly to the Managing Partner you will support the Managing Partner to co-develop new client accounts in the Financial Services sector of The region
- Use your existing networking skills to generate additional research and business development leads beyond those provided to you by the Managing Partner
- Lead proposal development, leveraging your own depth of sector experience, global experience, and strategy frameworks, leveraging existing Synergy Consulting Group client references, intellectual capital developed
- Take responsibility for ongoing client development in close alignment with the Managing Partner
- Develop new intellectual capital focused on strategy development and execution management, and Financial Services sector, to add to existing Synergy Consulting Group intellectual capital, that can be delivered in the form of White Papers and client prospect workshops
- Function adeptly with pure strategy work, operational support function projects, as well as supporting clients in strategy execution.
- Train new more junior hires and occasionally client staff in industry topics as well as strategy and functional frameworks and methodologies
- As the firm grows, assume a portion of the firm operations responsibilities, eg: performance evaluations, intellectual capital, mentoring, support functions of the firm, etc.
- Using your existing sector expertise and global trends knowledge, quickly gain broad knowledge of the Financial Services sector trends, challenges, opportunities, and competitive market players in the region via extensive desk research, combined with extensive regional market players and policy makers interviews.
- Classic training in strategy consulting at a premier management consulting firm
- Significant years (12+ years) of broad experience across retail banking, commercial banking, public policy, financial markets, and asset management, with deep experience in retail banking.
- Some experience with the Norton-Kaplan Balanced Scorecard methodologies, and willingness to learn and adapt own frameworks to the BSC framework
- Relevant functional expertise in financial services industry risk management
- Experience leading C-suite and Board-level facing projects and managing multiple client engagements at one time
- Proven record of contribution to client engagement and business development, either as leading role or a significant contributing role
- Adept at finding and solving client problems related to growth, competitive advantage, value, flexibility, speed, and alignment
- Proven track record of thought and intellectual capital leadership
- Experience managing, mentoring, and developing management consultants
- Exceptional academic credentials from reputable MBA schools
- Flexibility to travel in the region extensively with long weekly/bi-weekly stays, and adapt to this new frontier market